How to avoid a thief … – guide
Sometimes it is not enough to lock the car and hide valuables to protect yourself from thieves. Here are our tips and tricks.
1. There are no cars they don’t steal.
2. Never leave documents in the car. The insurance company has the right to refuse to pay you compensation.
3. Do not leave anything of value in the car. Not even for five minutes. If you have to leave something in the car, leave it only in the boot. Even if you leave an empty bag is empty, the thief will find out only after breaking the window
4. Electronic security is more effective than mechanical.
5. Install anti-theft devices. Immobilizers with anti-theft function are very effective. You enter the code from the keyboard that allows you to start the engine. Such devices switch on automatically when the driver’s door is opened. The device rearms and to start the car you have to re-enter the code. It is impossible to quickly steal a car with such an immobilizer.
6. Install the anti-theft alarm system that works with the immobilizer.
7. Install alarm devices in high-trust and authorised centres. Manufacturers often indicate centres they trust.
8. Close all doors after entering the car – there are frequent cases of thefts, for example while waiting for the green light.
9. Sad but true: a hitch hiker waiting for an opportunity can be a criminal
10. If someone “kindly” shows you that you have a flat tire or that you have something broken and it requires you to leave the car, you must be especially careful. Chances are high that this is one of the catwalks designed to get you out of the car. If you are worried that something may be wrong with the car, drive to the nearest gas station, guarded parking lot, stop next to a police car. Before leaving the car, turn off the engine, turn on the immobilizer, put on any locks, get out of the car and close the door. If you have pockets with zippers or buttons, hide your keys in your pockets and see if anything is wrong. Thieves even employ young children to distract you from the real danger. A last-minute man / woman / child passing in front of the hood of your car and showing you the right side of the car with an expression of fear on his face is a thief.
11. Observe that the same car is not driving behind you. Thieves may follow you and wait for a convenient moment to steal your car.
12. If you have an SUV car, a relatively new Mercedes, BMW, Toyota Camry, Lexus, Mazda Millenium, Infinity, Mitsubushi Sigma, Volvo, Audi or a similar class car – you can expect that the thieves will try to attack you with weapons, use violence , they will follow you, they will try to get you out of the car by force. If they use a tow truck without your presence, you should be glad that they chose such a “peaceful” method. In the event of a robbery, it is better not to resist and meet all the conditions of the criminals
13. Be careful when you drive with the windows open. The thieves will throw chemicals into your car, causing you to feel unwell, vomiting, very bad headaches, etc. When you stop, they will attack you. They take advantage of the situation when you fill up with fuel, buy newspapers, etc.
14. If someone tries to cut your way, let’s react by turning on the horn and traffic lights. Let’s try to get to a police station or a large group of people.
15. It is worth investing in car marking or stickers. Hardly any thief will be tempted to steal such a noticeable car – the marked parts are of no use to him.
16. If possible, use guarded car parks.
17. When approaching a house or garage, check around for anything suspicious. Perhaps the thieves are lurking somewhere nearby, wanting to take your car from you. If you spot suspicious strangers, it is better to wait and not get out, or even better to drive away and notify someone of the incident to help us get home.
Keep calm and vigilant, unfortunately thieves are just waiting for an opportunity to take away things that we have been working hard to get.